News relating to the PSFA 2017/2018
The current PSFA committee would like to invite all parents and carers to attend the PSFA AGM
Monday 25th September 2017
6.45pm in the school staff room
There is currently a lack of support that is concerning the PSFA committee and to enable the committee to continue there will have to be an increase in willing volunteers.
This situation is unfortunate but the school will endeavour to continue raising funds in the future even if a new committee cannot be formed at the AGM.
During the AGM the people attending will be asked if anybody would be willing to be elected onto the new PSFA committee. The committee must consist of a minimum of 3 people; a Chair, a Treasurer and a Secretary. These roles can be filled by either parents, school staff or children's close relatives.
If you would like to find out more about the PSFA please come along to the AGM or contact the school office.
KEGWORTH PRIMARY SCHOOL PSFA
Parents, Staff and Friends Association
Membership of the Kegworth Primary school Parents, Staff & Friends Association (PSFA) is automatically yours if you are a parent or carer of a child in the school.
The association aims to: foster closer relationships between staff, parents, the wider community and children, organise functions and events which will promote a deeper understanding of the needs of the school and what it is striving to attain; and provide opportunities for parents to become involved in the life of the school.
The funds raised by the PSFA benefit all the children in the school and the school is extremely grateful for the hard work and support it gives.
The PSFA's current committee:
Chair - Katy Widdowson
Secretary - Vacant position
All events will be advertised well in advance so watch out for updates via text, flyer or Facebook (see below)!
- The committee have agreed to set up a PSFA Facebook page for the purpose of communicating committee news. This will also be a great way for the parents/carers that are unable to make meetings to communicate their fund-raising ideas to the committee and also spread the word about our future events!
- The PSFA solely raise funds for the school. All funds raised go to provide invaluable resources for the children of Kegworth Primary School.
Ways in which the PSFA helped the school (academic year 2015/2016)
- Christmas presents for the Children, handed out by Santa at the Christmas Party
- Christmas crackers for every child at the school Christmas lunch
- Annual membership as a school group to the National Trust
- Sensory tent in the library
- Easter prizes for the Easter Bonnet competition
- Large projector screen and equipment for the school hall
- Classroom furniture
- Plants for the class gardens
- Leavers' gifts provided for Year 5 on Leavers' evening
- Class set of headphones for the Computer Suite
- i pads for classroom use
SCHOOL DISCO DATES
Watch this space for future school discos
Easter Bonnet Parade
There were 36 children from the Pre-Schoolers to Key Stage 2. It was really sweet and the children have worked very hard on their designs.
The Easter Egg Tombola sold out in an hour and raised £72.11 for the PSFA funds.
Thank you from the PSFA Committee